Good lord, the Nintendo 3DS is great in all the ways the Wii U isn’t. It’s got tons of support from Nintendo, lots of fantastic first- and third-party games, and a huge install base, meaning if you want to find someone else to play with, it probably won’t be that hard. In order to ensure that gamers get the most out of their 3DS systems, Nintendo frequently runs little promotions that rewards customers who buy games—and that’s what they’re doing in the UK right now.
From November 27 through January 13, 2014, UK gamers can buy one of fifteen top-rated 3DS games and register with Club Nintendo in order to receive a free download code for Super Mario 3D Land, one of the very best titles on the system (and the spiritual predecessor to this month’s Super Mario 3D World, coming out for the Wii U).
Here’s the list of games:
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (launching November 22nd)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Luigi’s Mansion 2
- LEGO CITY® Undercover: The Chase Begins
- Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS version)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
- Bravely Default (launching December 6th)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Mario Kart 7
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Man! So many of those are excellent. They’re worth the buy on their own—but throwing free Mario into the mix makes it even better.
You can’t beat this, man. Seriously, if you don’t have a 3DS yet, you kind of don’t have any more excuses. How about bringing something like this to the US, Nintendo? I know lots of people who would dig this.