New GTA Online Patch is Live
We already talked about the patch coming to Nintendo’s Pokemon X & Y—now let’s dive back into Grand Theft Auto V and its free multiplayer component, Grand Theft Auto Online. A post on Rockstar Games’ support page outlines a number of different fixes and updates coming with another patch that’s gone live for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 earlier today.
“As promised,” says the update, “this update addresses the remaining issues where some people’s vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure.”
But there are a whole SLEW of updates coming with this patch. And this is them:
- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
Boom. More fixes. I finally sat down to try GTA Online the other day. And while it was full of mayhem, it was DEFINITELY a little wonky. My character got into the car with Lamar, and his mouth moved the whole time Lamar was talking. And even when Lamar wasn’t talking. It was WEIRD AND CREEPY.
And I didn’t see anything about “weird talking without talking” bugs being fixed. Maybe my guy is…supposed to do that? Because of a crippling meth addiction?
[Via Rockstar Games]