Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ‘Deadliest Warrior’ Expansion Announced
The brutally-immersive, melee-centric smash PC hit Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will be receiving its first downloadable expansion later this Fall. Despite sharing a name (and partnership) with the TV show of the nearly same name, CHIVALRY: DEADLIEST WARRIOR will include five new warriors, six “all-new expansive environments” and “a variety of new modes.” The devs hope to hold a beta soon to test out the kinks before launch, and will also show off the DLC at PAX Prime this weekend.
The first two of five warriors were announced today: the Spartan and the Samurai. They’ll probably look just like you imagine they would – like the bearded main guy from 300 and Samurai Jack from… Samurai Jack. As far as new modes and environments goes, we’ve got the scoop below from developer Torn Banner Studios:
- Mixed Team Death Match: Mix and match warriors to create extraordinary teams and unique battle situations with up 64 players on the battlefield at once.
- Faction Battle: Set up grudge matches between two warrior factions with only one warrior type per team. Players vote on the scenario for the next battle at the end of each match.
- Warrior Duel: Select your warrior and challenge a single enemy to one-on-one combat in this comprehensive duel mode.
- Free for All: Fight for your own glory in a free-for-all where warrior fends for themselves. No teams. No alliances. Full-on mayhem.
- Custom Battles: Server side options allowing you to create custom battles with any number of teams and any number of factions or mixed teams allowed.
Mode Customization Options
- Multi-Team: Add more chaos to every game mode, with up 6 teams competing for victory in a single match.
- Capture the Flag: Add this mini-game to modes to slash your way to victory while trying to steal the flag and plant it in the enemy’s base.
- Elimination: Remove the ability to re-spawn, raising the stakes of each battle.
“We are very excited to expand upon the foundation of Chivalry and bring dynamic melee combat to all new eras,” says Steve Piggott, president of Torn Banner Studios.
“For us it is an opportunity to explore completely new warrior types, environments and weapons and add them to the already expansive Chivalry content while still supporting the base game. The Deadliest Warrior show asks one core question – if the greatest warriors from throughout history fought it out, who would win? Now we are bringing that decision to gamers as they get to vote for their faction with the swing of their sword, determining once and for all who is deadliest!”
CHIVALRY: DEADLIEST WARRIOR will be available later this Fall on Steam for $14.99, and is in development by both Chivalry’s founding developer Torn Banner Studios, and 345 Games, the studio known for its work on a line of Deadliest Warrior games.
PREPARE YOUR WALLET, PEASANT. MORE CHIVALRY IS A COMIN’.