Nintendo’s Direct this morning didn’t have much in the way of amazing announcements, presumably because they’re saving all the megatons for E3. Regardless, here’s a rapid-fire list of the important info.
- There will be a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii U.
- Sonic: Lost World is a Wii U / 3DS exclusive.
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Oracle of Seasons is coming to Virtual Console and will be promotionally priced at $4.99 each until June 20. (That’s just one dollar off)
- New Super Luigi U will also be released as a standalone disc. $20 for the DLC (June 20), $30 for the disc (June 26).
- Nabbit will be a playable character, and he’s invincible to enemies and dangers. Sounds like a good character for Mario newbies.
- The Wonderful 101 is releasing September 15.
- Pikmin 3 releasing August 4.
- They showed a control scheme where you can pan the map and give your character move commands through an overhead map on the gamepad. Looks like an RTS.
- Finally, Best Buy will have demo kiosks for unreleased Wii U games during E3 week.
There you have it! Nothing new aside from the Sonic business, but that’s such an unsafe bet nowadays.
Both Iwata and Reggie closed out the video by mentioning E3, so it’s clear that Nintendo is storing up their most interesting announcements for that event.