The patch to correct traffic issues in EA and Maxis’s SimCity has gone live, says a post on EA’s forums. Here’s what Update 1.7 will get you:
- Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- Performance improvements for low spec systems.
Not only that, but a new server for Asia is on the way, set to be ready by next Tuesday. More servers equals more better.
That’s pretty cool, right? The game is, slowly but surely, receiving the improvements it needs to work correctly. Not only that, but the free games being offered to current SimCity owners are being distributed two days early. Earlier this week, Maxis said that the free “we’re sorry for botching SimCity’s launch” games would be available to download on March 22, but I just logged into Origin a little while ago and started downloading my free copy of Dead Space 3.
Remember, the offer’s good for anyone who registers a copy of SimCity by March 26, so if you want to get two games for the price of one, go ahead and buy your copy now. Hooray free-and-cheap games!