Firaxis Readying New XCOM Patch
A post on 2K Games’ forums reveals the many bug-fixes tackled by Firaxis’s new patch for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. While the patch’s release date hasn’t been determined yet, it will definitely make the game more playable, according to the post.
At the top of the list will be fixes to visibility issues on the roofs of buildings, as well as game-hanging problems when using Interceptors. In addition, inaccessible SHIVs (tanks used in combat) will be fixed with this patch as well. All in all, this should help a lot for those of you who’ve had issues with what many have hailed as one of the best games to come out this year.
Here’s the full list from the forum post:
- • Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
- • Interception game hang issues resolved
- If two interceptors are sent after UFO
- If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed
- • SHIV inaccessible issues resolved
- • AI Alien Activity Hang resolution
- • Multiplayer connectivity optimization
- • TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip
- • Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.
- • Easy Difficulty is now easier