Halo 4 War Games Map Pass Detailed
As you can see above, there’s a brand-new gameplay trailer for Halo 4, so be sure to watch that right now.
Finished? Good. Because we’ve got some reading for you to do. Today, Microsoft and 343 Industries published a press release to outline the “War Games Map Pass” for Halo 4. The pass will cost $25 (or 2,000 Microsoft Points) and will grant gamers access to three War Games map packs as they’re unrolled in December, February, and April. Each individual pack will probably cost around $10/800 MS points, offering a 15 percent discount if you buy them all. And, let’s face it, you’re going to buy them all, aren’t you? Buying the pack also gives gamers two bonus in-game helmets, along with an exclusive emblem.
So what’s in the packs? Here’s a bulleted list pulled from Microsoft’s press release detailing just what you’ll find in each one, along with the release schedule. Pack a lunch—it’s a big’un:
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
- Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
- Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
- Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Are you ready? Halo 4 hit stores on November 6.