Gamescom 2012: Castle Crashers Coming to PC Very Soon
The smash Xbox Live Arcade hit Castle Crashers is on its way to PC via Steam, developer The Behemoth announced today. Though we don’t have an exact date to give you, the developers say it’s “almost here.” Not only will the game’s comical co-op soon be available to players who fancy a keyboard and mouse, it’s available for play this week at Gamescom in Germany as well as in two weeks at PAX Prime in Seattle.
“We were invited by Valve to show Castle Crashers running on Steam at Gamescom. This is our first time at the event, and we’re sending our very own John Baez to the show all by himself! Stop by and check it out at Hall 7.1, booth: C030 (Friday-Sunday, August 17-19).
Finally, we’re going to our last summer trade show: PAX (Penny-Arcade Expo) on August 31st – September 2nd in Seattle, Washington. Come by The Behemoth Booth #3003 to check out both Castle Crashers for Steam and BattleBlock Theater. You’ll get a taste of the games, and more importantly a taste of freedom, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!”
Here are the features included in the long-developed, long-begged for PC version of the game:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
If you’ve yet to play Castle Crashers and you have a workable PC and Steam account, you really have no excuse not to give this game a try. Well, unless you hate fun…or cats…or cats as in-game bosses.
[via The Behemoth]