Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition 1.73 Update Hitting Tomorrow
The highly anticipated update for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is slated for release tomorrow for all owners of the game.
Update 1.73 for Minecraft brings with it sticky and regular pistons, stackable fences, shears (for retrieving wool off sheep and leaves off trees), and the extremely anticipated character skin collector – with the first of multiple skin packs being available for download tomorrow as well.
Other features include systematic changes like TNT requiring Flint and Steel or Redstone for a proper detonation, as well as new graphical textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
If this update sounds familiar, it should – this update is nearly identical to the 1.73 beta update for Minecraft on PC last year.
Here’s a full list of all the new features and fixes. Get to craftin’!
Update – More Banjo-Kazooie-related Skins Revealed
As pointed out by last week’s news that Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie would make his way as a skin into Minecraft multiplayer, we’ve now received news that his friends from the series will be tagging along as well, in the form of Tooty, Bottles, Gruntilda, and Klungo.
Oh, how my inner child screams with joy right now.
- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added Stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.