Journey Collector’s Edition Releasing This August for $29.99
Scoring the title of ‘Best Selling PSN Game of All Time’ just wasn’t enough for Journey and its creator thatgamecompany, because a collector’s edition for the initially digital-only game is on its way to retail this August.
Priced at $29.99 and headed to North America on August 28 for PlayStation 3 exclusively, the Journey Collector’s Edition will come packed with not only the game, but an assortment of notably rad stuff (all listed below):
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
Most exciting among these additions has to be the three new exclusive mini-games from the developer, one of which being Journey itself, the others being flOw and Flower, also created by thatgamecompany.
Let’s also not forget the half-hour documentary showcasing the development of Journey, another exciting bonus.
Then again, I’m biased – I bought the legendary editions of all the Halo games pretty much for the sole purpose of attaining the short-films documenting their creation.