Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Update Now Available
The first downloadable update for Minecraft on Xbox 360 is available now, courtesy of port-masters/developers of the game 4J Studios. The update is not the content-filled gargantuan we detailed weeks ago, but rather adds a few useful features alongside some expected bug fixes.
X/Y/Z coordinates have been added to the world map that each player is given upon start of the game, allowing players to better coordinate mines and structures by knowing exact precision as to their location in the world. For veteran PC players, pulling out the map is now similar to mashing the F3 key on your keyboard.
You can now also change the timing on autosaves in-game. You can have the game save anywhere between every 15 minutes to every two hours – meaning you can save every 15, 30, or 45 minutes and so on.
A number of bug fixes have been made as well, which you can check out in full detail at the bottom of the post.
In the realm of not-so-good bug fixes, the infamous duplication glitch/manipulation has been removed. The bug involved using a furnace and dispenser to duplicate objects for the player, sometimes used for good, sometimes used for hilarity.
With no creative mode yet in place for the XBLA release, it’s sad to see the folks at 4J remove such a wonderful glitch – especially seeing as how it’s not really a detriment to people’s game saves, and shouldn’t matter given the game’s lack of competitive structure (formally anyway). It would have been nice to see the glitch stay in place, but a patch is a patch – and duplication (by that method) is now a thing of the past.
- Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
- Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
- Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Fix for clay generation.
- Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
- Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and dispenser.
- Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
- Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.