Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Hitting PC June 26
Announced this morning by Ubisoft was the official release date for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC, that being June 26, 2012.
Joining the console versions on both retail and digital shelves, the much-requested PC version of Future Soldier comes packed with the same features as its console counterparts, but adds some key PC features that keyboard and mouse enthusiasts are likely to appreciate.
- Support DX11 (adding stunning amount of visual details on characters through displacement mapping, as well as some global illumination effects.)
- More complex materials (like parallax occlusion mapping or gloss and specular maps.)
- Improved dynamic lighting
- Volumetric lighting effects
- Soft shadows
- Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur
- Playable with keyboard and mouse, or with wired and wireless X360 pads
- Will be available via digital distribution
Additionally, a Windows XP patch will arrive shortly after release – you know, for those of you that still haven’t upgraded to Windows 7.
If you’re unsure of your rig’s ability to run the actual game, here are the minimum and recommended requirements:
Minimum hardware requirements:
Supported Operating Systems*: Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions.
PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
RAM: 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
VIDEO CARD: 512 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS/AMD Radeon HD 4650
DIRECT X®: DirectX 11
DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
SOUND CARD: DirectX 11 – compliant sound card
HDD space: 25 GB
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
RAM: 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better.