BioWare Officially Releases “Rebellion” DLC Details
Last week, Sony’s Hong Kong website leaked details about a forthcoming DLC pack for Mass Effect 3 called “Rebellion.” Today, BioWare and Electronic Arts have pulled the curtain for real this time, offering up all the details you could want. Much of what we knew from last week has been confirmed, and things we didn’t know have been elaborated upon. Herewith are the DEETS from the press release published today:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Land on Firebase Jade, located in a Salarian STG base on Sur’Kesh and fight to control Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Level and promote six new unlockable characters, including the ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel or the Male Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator.
- New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will demand that teams retrieve a high priority package and securely escort it to a designated extraction zone on each map.
- New Gear Slot – A new slot will be available on the equipment screen, offering players a persistent gameplay bonus that will not expire after the end of a match. These new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
- Lethal New Weapons – Eliminate the enemy with deadly new weapons, including the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.”
“Rebellion” will be available on XBLA and Origin worldwide on May 29, while PSN users will have access that day in North America, and May 30 in Europe. Oh, and it’ll also be free.
How you like THAT?