Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Gets Release Date
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is going to be SHOOTING ITS WAY INTO YOUR HOMES on August 21, it was announced today. The game will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, and is being developed and published by City Interactive.
And, uh, yeah. You’re a sniper in it. So, there’s that.
What’s that? You say you want MORE INFORMATION? Would you be alright if I just copied and pasted the “KEY FEATURES” from the fact sheet City Interactive has prepared? That’s okay? Man, you’re nice:
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes and a co-operative move playbook
- Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
- Vehicle sections are a new addition to the Sniper series
- Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle and mountain
THE Authentic, Modern Sniper Experience
- Realistic ballistics take into account the player’s location, wind speed and direction, breathing rate and distance from the target
- Snipers do not fight alone in the real world and nor do they in Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. Working with your spotter is key
- All environments are based on real-world locations
- An array of faithfully recreated weapons are at your disposal, including six sniper rifles, three assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and more
More Skill, More Rewards
- Silent kills allow for quiet enemy elimination and successful execution sees the player rewarded with a brutal kill animation
- Bullet cam shows particularly successful hits
- Limb dismemberment from large calibre guns and explosions
Innovation & Technology
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is built on CryENGINE 3, the most advanced multi-platform development tool for current-generation consoles and for PC
- New equipment for stealth gameplay
- Multiplayer modes designed especially for sniper duels.
- Epic story crafted by acclaimed writers
So there you go. Now, before I go, here are a couple more screenshots that were released earlier this month. If this doesn’t get you all hot and bothered for snippy-snipey action, I just don’t know what will.