Tera Open Beta Event This Weekend
Whoa, what? A new MMO? HOT DAMN.
En Masse Entertainment’s new massively multiplayer online game, Tera, launches on May 1. To get players primed and ready, they’re offering a free-play weekend from April 20 to April 23—that’s Friday to Monday, you guys.
Here’s a description from the press release En Masse sent out today about what players can expect when they give the playable prologue a try this weekend:
“As the game begins, the first explorers to the mysterious Island of Dawn are shipwrecked and attacked by demons the moment they land. Players reach the beach, then struggle to regroup before the demons descend upon the survivors. From the beach, players join a group of soldiers who have ventured up the cliffs to attack the demons directly, learning the basics of swimming, jumping, and climbing along the way. Then they dive into TERA’s contextual action combat and learn the importance of using skill rather than stats to take down enemies, including one of the game’s fearsome big-ass monsters, the kumas.”
That’s right—they went ahead and called the monsters “big-ass.” Truth in advertising.
The beta will begin on Friday at noon, Pacific time, and will end at midnight in the same time zone the following Monday. Get ready for some free demon fighting and stuff.
Here’s the instructions for how to access the beta:
- Log in (https://account.enmasse.com/) to your En Masse account. If you do not have an En Masse account yet, create one! (https://account.enmasse.com/users/new)
- Click the Enter Code button on the right.
- Enter the open beta test code: TERABETA
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Download Game button under the Account Overview tab.
- This will start downloading the game launcher.
- Run the launcher and install the game so you’ll be ready to go when the servers open!