Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Announced For Friday
If you like shooting shit while flying around on a jetpack, then you probably like Tribes: Ascend. The game’s developers, Hi-Rez Studios, have announced that the open beta will begin on Friday, February 24. That’s, like, the day after tomorrow!
No, not that.
Interested gamers can head over to the game’s official website and get into it. The official announcement is right here, where it’s revealed that “over 300,000 players participated in the Closed Beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback.”
Not only THAT, but the game will receive a big, fat patch this week, the details reposted here:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
So, yeah! There you go. Tribes will ASCEND (haha) to having an open beta on Friday.