Gears 3 DLC Coming on November 1
Are you strapped in? Do you have your helmet on? Today, Epic Games published a press release announcing a November 1 release date and details about the first Gears of War 3 downloadable content, called the “Horde Command Pack.”
The pack will include three new maps, four new fortification upgrades, three new playable characters, and two new weapon skins. HOLY SHIT THAT’S A LOT OF STUFF. The thing costs 800 Microsoft Points, but if you bought the Gears of War 3 Season Pass for 2400 points, the DLC will have come at a 33 percent discount. The season pass is still available, so if you’re wondering whether or not you should take the plunge, you ought to figure it out sooner rather than later…
Here it all is, described here with verve and excitement by the press release:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New Weapon Skins
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
What’s that you say? You say you want to get a good look at this stuff before you buy it? Well, today’s your lucky day, dick-dog. Here are samples of the maps, in order of Blood Drive, Rustlung, and Azura. Click below to make thescreens BIGSTYLE: