The Sins of a Solar Empire Train Keeps a-Rollin’
Life must be good for ongoing fans of Sins of a Solar Empire. You guys get a new expansion every other Thursday. The most current bi-monthly expansion for the game is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. While I normally hate lifting info from a press release, it lays out all the new content in a fairly concise manner:
- New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
- New Titan-class ships: Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
- New Capital Ships: A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
- New Corvette-class ships: Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
- Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins’ frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
- New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
- Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
- Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.
No release date or pricing info yet. We’ll bring that info as it becomes available.