WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0.6, Nerfed!
When Blizzard puts out a patch for WoW, they don’t just bandage a few things, they PATCH. As per usual, the patch notes are about a mile long and are thus guaranteed to piss off all 6 million players in some way or another.
You can find the full patch notes on the official site as well as the over 300 enraged comments the patch has already generated. The patch isn’t actually that earth shattering. There are a ton of tweaks, mostly for PvP balancing, but nothing that reasonable humans should lose sleep over. Here’s a teaser with the general bug fixes, the patches shortest section:
- Many holiday decorations have been updated to better align with the post-Cataclysm world. In addition, decorations should be visible in all Stormwind quest phases, and have returned to Gadgetzan. Party on, dudes!
- Lunar Festival Sentinels anti-PvP guards have had their level and health/damage modifiers adjusted for Cataclysm.
- Corpses now properly drop to the ground if a player is killed in midair.
- Dying while using a Charge ability will no longer leave the player’s corpse suspended in the air.
- Spells with attachment point effect visuals should now display correctly.
- Many spell effects which were no longer displaying properly have been corrected.
- Players’ pets should now properly benefit from Mana Spring Totem.
- Players will now receive an error when attempting to spend talent points while dead or a ghost.
- Sound Fixes:
- Sound shouldn’t become de-synced during encounters with large amounts of sound effects.
- Sound shouldn’t cut out when there are a large amount of sound effects being played at once.
- There should no longer be delays on some sounds in select situations.