Attention cheaters and other criminal scum in Red Dead Redemption! Rockstar Games has decided that they are done putting up with your cheatin’ ways.
On August 24th, all of those who have cheated at Red Dead Redemption, in either single or multiplayer, will have their Gamertag or PSN ID banned from Rockstar’s servers.
But don’t worry, much like the hero in the game, you too have a chance at redemption.
All you have to do is erase all your saves. Once you’ve done that, you need to play the single player to MacFarlane’s ranch, or play one gang hideout in multiplayer, to get the game to register that you are no longer scum.
Some other notes straight from the horse’s mouth:
* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago.
* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.
* To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted – single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:
- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
via Rockstar Games